The Aluminia Faience factory date its history to the year 1862 founded by August Schittt (1834 - 1863).
In 1868 Philip Schou took over the factory and moved the production to Frederiksberg.
In addition to making pots for sale, Alan and Nancy maintain a gallery that promotes other local artisans.
The Tennessee Association of Craft Artists website indicates that the Stegalls make utilitarian stoneware as well as pottery.
In 1882 he bought the Royal Copenhagen Porcelain Manufactory and the two companies merged to one.