Synthetic rubber products, including “latex” house paints, are not made with natural latex and do not trigger allergic reactions in people who are allergic to products made with natural rubber latex. Latex is a common component of many medical and dental supplies.These include disposable gloves, dental dams, airway and intravenous tubing, syringes, stethoscopes, catheters, dressings and bandages. These include condoms, handbags, balloons, athletic shoes, tires, tools, underwear leg and waistbands, rubber toys, baby bottles, nipples and pacifiers.
Allergic reactions to latex may be serious and can very rarely be fatal.
If you have latex allergy you should limit or avoid future exposure to latex products.
Direct physical contact with latex products is not needed to trigger an allergic reaction.
Anaphylaxis and severe asthmatic reactions have been caused by inhaling latex proteins in the air resulting from the powder in the latex glove.
This dermatitis is recognized by the eczema and blisters on the back of the hands.