Dating international list site web

A foreign student in F-1 nonimmigrant status participating in OPT must obtain an EAD from USCIS before they are authorized to work.

The student may not begin employment until the date indicated on the EAD.

The following table shows the types of documents that a foreign student in F-1 nonimmigrant status may be issued and could present to an employer for Form I-9 purposes.

Foreign students in F-1 nonimmigrant status may work on campus without the approval of a Designated School Official (DSO) or USCIS.

While still in school, a student authorized for OPT may work: After finishing a course of study, a student must complete all practical training within a 14-month period.

Please see the USCIS OPT for F-1 Students webpage for the types of OPT.

Depending on the type of student and type of employment, the student will be issued different documents that show employment authorization.